(See How to Delete Your Gmail Account for the steps to take to close your account.)
No Push Support for iOS
- Google no longer supports push to IOS devices. I rely on immediate posting of email on my iPhone 5s.
- —Guest Tom V
Feel too locked in to Google
- I'm going to delete everything Google related, including youtube, my blogger account, gmail, and even FireFox & Chrome. It's telling me I cannot delete my Picasa Web photos account without deleting all other Google products! the forcing of the Google+ account I never wanted was what finally made me want to get away from Google altogether. It's telling me I cannot delete the G+ account without deleting everything related to Google. I can't delete Gmail or Picasa without doing the same thing. We can't comment on youtube now without a G+ account, and Google opened a G+ account for me without my knowledge. I found out after I got an email notification that somebody commented on "my profile". I never gave my consent for Google+ to send me notifications. they dipped into my infor to get it. Also I hear Android users can't comment on games they bought, Google Play, ect without a google+ account now. It's time to go. Also noticed the search engine has gotten sloppy, not what is used to be.
- —Guest Miss Anon
Inappropriate Use of My Data
- Do not, repeat not, appreciate my data being searched, filtered, passed around to manufacturers.
- —Guest macbji48
I couldn't delete my Gmail account ...
- I can't cancel my current YouTube account without deleting my Gmail account first. After 2 years of using my current name and email address, it's time for a new one. The problem is, the Google Accounts homepage where the process starts doesn't exist. I just figured it was down for maintenance, so I tried again a week later and then a week after that finding that the page is still missing -- all I get is a blank page I can't refresh, or do anything with. It's as if the communists running the system purposely removed them to prevent subscribers from deleting their accounts, so I'm stuck until someone restores a functional page. That's why I smell a rat. If anybody knows how to get around this to delete my account, I welcome any and all suggestions.
- —Guest P.O.'d
Does Not Respect Privacy
- Gmail does not respect your privacy, beware!!!!!!!
- —Guest G.G
No Spam Filter
- There may be a spam filter, but darned if I could find it. I have another email acct. I use, so tried to delete gmail acct. It wouldn't recognize my password, however. I have dropped gmail from my Apple Mail list. Not concerned that Google refuses to delete my account. I will just ignore it, and any spam that accumulates in it over the coming years.
- —Guest Bob N
- I got a text and it told me my account was hacked. I don't need this anyway.
- —Guest shirley
- I got rid of my gmail account because google dose not understand privacy and some peoples' desire for it. I kept finding out I had other services attached to my account that I never wanted or agreed to, had to have tracking cookies in order to access my account, and it seems to think I want everyone on the web to know everything about me. Google keeps hammering out a thousand products which it assumes I want and tried to force on me, it actually changed some settings in my about:config for firefox even, and finally the fact that google turned over all those records to project prism was the last straw, well... Google can die in a fire.
- —Guest private person
- i had too many problems and i was way to much too handel
- —Guest nesssa
Attachments don't reach recipient
- when I try to send attachments, nothing shows except the name of my attachment. Sometimes it reaches the intended [recipient], but most of the time it doesn't.
- —Guest chris elkins
They are crooks.
- Disclosing any personal details of ordinary citizens to NSA or GCHQ is immoral and unethical.
- —Guest Neal
Forgot Address and Password
- I delete because I forgot my emaill address and my password so I want to create another one.
- —Guest andries
- My ex-husband has hacked in2 my Gmail account for the 3rd time in one year. Google needs to protect their clients in a different manner. It is too easy for anybody to hack into their consumer's accounts. I am very disappointed & will never use or suggest anyone to obtain a Gmail account.
- —Guest Theresa Chiles
Convenient for Big Brother to watch us.
- I don't like having everything tied together. It just seems like it's asking for trouble.
- —Guest Bill
Too much change
- This is nothing like the email I like, hotmail or yahoo classic. Hotmail is not [now?] imitating it, only even worse (outlook.com is all but unusable) and yahoo is set to follow. Thanks Google for making email unusable for everyone. I guess we'll all have to get those cel phone thingys to email on now.. something about plain text only, how 80s.
- —Guest OldSchool