I have my own domain name
- What the heck? It costs $9 per year: the cost of a paperback book. That gives me an email address I don't have to change. Then, I can forward email from that address to any free service whenever I get ticked off with one and change my mind and start using another. As of today, I have accounts with Live, Gmail, and Yahoo. Used to be, my main squeeze was Gmail, with Live forwarded to it, and Yahoo reserved for "junk advertising" purposes such as ordering from catalogs and signing up for various one-time forums. Then, I noticed the Gorg's TOS (especially part 11) and the fact that they read email for the purpose of targeted advertising. Yahoo! specifically promises not to do this. So *for now* I've switched to Yahoo! with forwarding from Gmail and Live. (Gmail has good spam filtering.) If you use Live or Yahoo! (maybe even Gmail, too, or maybe even ANY OTHER free email service) remember to check for a minimum frequency of logons... FWIW, one omitted freebie: Zoho.com
- Last 5 years I am using gmail no problem at all… Gmail is the best…
- —Guest rahul
Yahoo Nail is my favourite
- I use Yahoo mainly, but I have accounts on G-mail, Kiuky, Badoo, Facebook and other sites.
- —Guest goldenhossam
Gawab.com for nested folders
- 10Gb and doesn't seem to have a limit on label lengths which is great for long and nested folders in email clients. Gmail seem to only allow 39 characters total for nested labels.
- —Guest Darren
- I have been with FastMail for about 8 years now.I use their paid service. Full of features, but one important thing is that when I need help I do get a quick response.
- —Guest roego
Rediffmail all the way
- I have been using rediffmail.com for from the time usa.net became a paid service. Pretty fast and rarely down.
- —Guest Jay Kumar
- They have a SEVERE spam problem. They are BLACKLISTED at several web sites. GMX blocks many users' accounts from access because they have apparently been hijacked by spammers or the accounts have been flagged by a flawed security system. If you don't value support, security, privacy, convenience, your time and patience, then GMX is the mail service for you!
- —Guest guest
Gmail is great, Hotmail is not!
- Complete explanations on why not to use Hotmail. It's all here, 10 reasons: http://www.johannes-eva.net/ Have a reading!
- —Guest Johannes
Hotmail: I like it
- Because it's supplied by Microsoft, I chose [Windows Live Hotmail] and [stayed with it] for more than 5 years.
- GMX is the best, I switched from G-mail to GMX, they offer much better support. They're speedy fast too! Try them now, and they'll even donate one dollar for every new account set up, to poor people! Even better, their servers now run on all-renewable energy. Go check out the website. GMX does it all!
- —Guest Express
YAHOO: the good and bad
- I used yahoo. for many years. (very good experiences). Rogers bought out yahoo. Last week I switched servers for my internet.T.V. ..phone. from rogers to Bell. 1st red light: They said I cannot take my 25 year-old phone with me. "They own it." Solution: I had to fib and tell them that I was't switching phones. Bell was able to simply take it back. They lied to me by omission by making no reference to them owning my # if I used them. They have stopped my access to my Yahoo mail , etc...….. I warn everyone: "Do not go to Rogers" they were sly and only interested in one more customer's pocket book. Reason for my switch was we moved to aptliving & rogers broke down 1-3 times in 2 wks,. .. I was without a phone also. I am looking for a new email provider.
- —Guest MEkelly
- I'm old school and have used aol for over 10 years, tried yahoo and gmail, had road runner acct. Stay with the one that works: AOL
- —Guest guest Karena
Has nobody tried Lavabit?
- I've been using Lavabit for years now. I met them when they were nerdshack/mailshack. back then, you could only pop into Outlook. Now, as Lavabit, they have web interface. It's very basic, you have folders and spam control. The biggie, they are FANATICAL about your privacy. They don't even keep your password on file. If you lose it, it's lost. They keep no info on their servers, so even if the police came to them with a warrant, they have no access to your info. I never get spam that I didn't sign up for. In fact I keep this for my private friends/family email and have never gotten spam. I've read here that lots of people are just looking for a safe, no frills, no private info type email. Well, Lavabit is the place to get it. www.lavabit.com I've been happy with it for years.
- —Guest Corinne
- I've used yahoo for 11 or 12 years, and I will continue to. If, per chance, you happen to get spam in your inbox, just check the box in front of the email, and u never receive mail from them again. You have folders, a messenger to stay in touch w/family, friend, and co-workers/clients. You have options to change your inbox colors and font size.You have a calendar and notepad, chat from your inbox, mobile mail, and a place to store photos and attachments. It's the best, hands down.
- —Guest Lisa
- I have just switched from AOl...... because today i tried to log into my account and my password was changed!! i dont know how it happened but know i dont reccomend aol anymore
- —Guest ben