Trying anew to decide
- I have addresses at all three: Gmail, Live (Hotmail), and Yahoo. For a while, my main dig has been Gmail, but I'm thinking of swapping: that's why I'm looking at the opinions here and elsewhere. I'm even considering eliminating the middleman and managing email through my own domain. I reckon anything you get for free *may* be worth about what you pay for it. We'll see…
- —Guest fjpoblam
I'm still using Yahoo!
- I used Yahoo since I started to email my friend. I don't have many problems, except deleted some mail because I don't have a chance to read it now. I am still using it.
- —Guest mabel
Mail.com is awful
- I've used several, Yahoo, Hotmail etc, I then moved to mail.com coz I thought it was cool, now its a spam fest! In one week I got over 300 spam emails WTF? I now stick to Gmail… not the best but good enough!
- —Guest Lauren
Hotmail is very good
- —Guest kikazaru
Care2 Email Awful
- i just tried THREE times to sign up, awful service, I am giving up now but quite annoyed because I wanted to use their peacemail as that name just goes so well with my work that I wanted the email account for.
- —Guest eevee
Email provider switching advantage
- I too am moving away from everything Google. Which means leaving my Gmail account - don't know what I'll do about the 10,000+ emails in it that I've collected over the years.... BUT I'm taking this opportunity to praise a service I've used since 1997 - pobox.com - that makes it possible for me to go from Gmail to whatever my next provider is without having to inform any of my contacts about my new email address. Anyone who has my email address has it as @pobox.com rather than @gmail.com. When an email is sent to me at my pobox.com address, pobox.com forwards the email to whatever address(es) I have given that company as addresses to which I want my mail sent: my workplace email address, my home email address, my Gmail address, etc. I rave about pobox.com whenever the opportunity arises because it's worked so well for me. I recommend having a look at www.pobox.com. FYI: I have no association with the company other than being their customer. That is all.
Threw Hotmail out the Window
- I use Gmail & cannot believe how simple it is to use, plus Google support supersedes that of the Windows Live Help forum-which is horrible to say the least.
- —Guest VaryMary
Google is unfriendly with DNA+
- I'm out of Google and all of its siblings, chrome, Gmail, even give up its search, etc. Sometime last two weeks, I installed DNA+ then noticed Google site is so slow and also with Gmail to the point of it was being timed out even if I paused my torrents. But when I tried Bing and Yahoo, even throttled down to 20kB/s, by the way 40kB/s is my peak downstream bandwidth, still there is a usable bandwidth for searching. So, I came into conclusion when using DNA+, Google delays your access and, worst, it times out. From now on, I alternately use Yahoo and Bing for search. Now I'm searching for a replacement of Gmail.
- —Guest joaquin
I use Mail.com
- I use Mail.com because it let's you send 50 megabytes of attachments, it's lets you pick from hundreds of domains. Pros: You can customise how it looks You can message your Facebook friends right from your inbox It's spam filter is really good It has a virus scanner, you can save files people have emailed you You can choose which folders have a preview You can choose if you want to empty a folder automatically You can get it to make a sound when you have a new email You can collect emails from any email provider Cons: To forward emails to another account you need to pay for Mail.com It doesn't have a mobile phone password reset option The helpline treats you like a robot (automated replies)
Hoping for Better
Been Using Yahoo
- I used Yahoo ever since I can't remember when. I don't have many problems like some people claim that's why to this day I am still using it.
- —Guest chuck e z
Gmail password & anti robot setup stinks
- I got tired of trying to please their computer as to my password security. The robot protection was not legible. Make people jump through hoops to create an account, and they go elsewhere. I did.
- —Guest Michael
Gmail works great
- I love Gmail — it's awesome! I also have a Hotmail and an Aol that I don't use (it just comes with the Aim), and they are all good for me. I don't know why you all hate Gmail so much…
- —Guest Me
Yahoo! a Mess Now
- I used yahoo for years but it's a mess now. I am going to change. My inbox mail is going to my trash and then it's deleted before I have a chance to look at it. Don't use Yahoo. I'm just not sure who to change to?
- —Guest Mary
- I'm also leaving Gmail - why these people think they should have the right to use my private data to make their profit, I have no idea — nor can I support their political stance.
- —Guest Wotsit