While all these ways of creating a new message to somebody are fast and convenient, they may not match the power of bookmarks in speed and comfort. Yes, you can create a bookmark in your browser that takes you to a Yahoo! Mail composition screen with the recipient's email address already filled into the To: field.
Bookmark Mailing Somebody in Yahoo! Mail
To create a bookmark or shortcut to mailing somebody in Yahoo! Mail:
- Bookmark a vanilla Compose Message screen in Yahoo! Mail.
- Edit the address the bookmark (or favorite) points to.
- In Internet Explorer, click on the favorite with the right mouse button, select Properties and go to the URL: field.
- In Mozilla Firefox, hit Ctrl-B, click on the bookmark with the right mouse button, select Properties and go to the Location: field.
- In Safari, hit Alt-Command-B, highlight the bookmark and click in its Address field.
- In Opera, hit Ctrl-Alt-B, click on the bookmark with the right mouse button, select Properties and go to the Address field.
- Append "?To=" and the desired email address at the end of the address.
- If you want to bookmarks mailing firstname.lastname@example.org, for example, the full URL should be "http://compose.mail.yahoo.com/?Toemail@example.com".
- Optionally edit the bookmark's name to include the recipient's name or email address (something like "Mail Mary", for example).
- If necessary, click OK or hit Enter to save the new address.