Do you want others to read your mail? Or send messages from your Yahoo! Mail account?
If you do not, you probably have a password different from your Yahoo! Mail user name and different from your real name and different from your mother's name and different, well, different from about anything anybody could guess.
You can think not only of one such password, of course, but of dozens — and changing the Yahoo! Mail password from time to time decreases the chances others read your mail or impersonate you in email.
Change Your Yahoo! Mail Password
To update your Yahoo! Mail password:
- Hover the mouse cursor over the gear icon near your Yahoo! Mail's top right corner.
- Select Account Info from the menu that comes up.
- Type your Yahoo! Mail password under Password.
- Click Sign In.
- Follow the Change your password link under Sign-In and Security.
Enter the desired new password over both New password and Confirm new password.
- Ideally, the password is both secure and easy to remember. Change it frequently—just like now; congratulations!—to help protect your Yahoo! Mail account from unwarranted access.
- Click Continue.
You can now return to Yahoo! Mail.
Note that a secure password and changing it frequently does not protect you against keyloggers on your computer and people peeking over your shoulders.
(Updated May 2014)