A message, a folder or even all your mail has disappeared inexplicably? You have frisked and scoured your entire Yahoo! Mail account to no avail: they're gone. Or are they?
Act Quickly to Recover Lost Yahoo! Mail
If you act quickly, there's a chance Yahoo! can restore your mailbox to a previous state from a backup copy, recovering your lost messages whether you accidentally emptied the Trash folder containing an important email or whether a Yahoo! Mail glitch made mail disappear.
Of course, you can also undelete a message quickly as long as it is still in your Yahoo! Mail's Trash folder.
Undelete Mail in Yahoo! Mail
To undelete a message in Yahoo! Mail:
- Go to the Trash folder.
- Open the desired message.
- Click Move in the Yahoo! Mail toolbar.
- Select Inbox or any other folder to recover the message.
- In Yahoo! Mail, you can also drag and drop the email to any folder, of course.
Recover Lost or Ultimately Deleted Yahoo! Mail Messages
To rescue messages that have disappeared from your Yahoo! Mail account during the past 24 hours or undelete messages after you have emptied the Trash folder:
Download all messages received yesterday and today at your Yahoo! Mail account or forward them to a different email address automatically or manually.
- These messages will otherwise be lost forever.
- Fill out the Yahoo! Mail Restore Help Form.
- While you wait for Yahoo! to return your Yahoo! Mail account to the state at the desired time from a backup copy, make sure you continue to forward or download any newly arriving messages.
(Updated May 2012)