Yahoo! Mail contacts can get in a bad shape with no fault of your own. Fortunately, that same contacts can get back to pristine with little effort of your own.
Remove Duplicate Contacts from Yahoo! Mail
To remove duplicate contacts from the Yahoo! Mail address book:
- Follow the Contacts link in Yahoo! Mail.
- Select Tools | Clean up Duplicates… from the toolbar.
- Click a suspected duplicate.
- Make sure all address book entries that do not belong to the one you're consolidating are not checked (for Merge this duplicate) under Duplicates.
- Click Edit under Merge Preview to remove any extraneous data or make other desired changes to the newly merged contact.
- Click Save and Next.
Using Merge all EXACT on the duplicates list, you can quickly eliminate any dupes that are precise copies without differences.