Set Up an Incoming Mail Filter in Windows Live Hotmail
To file incoming mail automatically in Windows Live Hotmail:
- Select Options | More options... (or just Options in Windows Live Hotmail classic) from the toolbar.
- Follow the Automatically sort e-mail into folders link under Customize your mail.
- Click New filter.
- Select the desired filtering criterion under Which messages are you looking for?.
- Choose the folder to receive all mail matching your criterion under Where do you want to put these messages?.
- Click Save.
Set Up an Incoming Mail Filter in MSN Hotmail
First, you should create a new MSN Hotmail folder to file your messages in.
Then, to set up a mail rule in MSN Hotmail:
- Select Options from the main Hotmail navigation bar.
- Make sure the Mail category is selected.
- Follow the Custom Filters link.
- Click New Filter.
- Select the criterion under Filter Criteria.
- For example, to catch all messages from email@example.com, the criterion would read: Identify incoming messages which: are from the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org..
- Select the Hotmail folder to file all filtered messages in.
- Alternatively, select Delete these messages to have Hotmail automatically delete all emails matching the criterion.
- Click OK.