Each Windows Live Hotmail group collects the email addresses of all the members and works as a mailing list by making it easy to send a message to the whole group.
Create a Mailing List with Windows Live Hotmail
To set up a group of recipients in Windows Live Hotmail:
- Select Contact list from Windows Live Hotmail's left-hand navigation bar.
- Now select Manage categories under Categories in the left-hand navigation bar.
- Click New.
- Type the desired group name under Name:.
- This name acts as a nickname when addressing messages.
- The nickname must be unique in your address book (a group cannot have the same name as another group or another address book entry's nickname).
- Press Enter.
- Type email addressees or existing address book contacts' names under Members: to add them.
- Click Save.
Send an Email to Your Windows Live Hotmail Group
Now you're ready to send a message to the group.
As your group grows, it gets unwieldy in Windows Live Hotmail. For mailing groups exceeding, say, 25 members, you can try a group mailing service instead.