In Outlook.com and Windows Live Hotmail, you can file or delete individual emails to the sound of chat and music. You can also sweep your messages fast when you think of it. You can also program Outlook.com to do the sweeping for you, though, automatically.
Have Outlook.com or Windows Live Hotmail Clean Your Inbox Automatically
To set up automatic cleanup for a particular sender's mail or an entire category in Outlook.com or Windows Live Hotmail (and have the cleaning rule applied to existing emails immediately):
- Open a message from the sender or newsletter you'd like cleaned up automatically.
- Click Sweep in the Outlook.com toolbar.
- Select Schedule cleanup from the menu that comes up.
- Now select:
- Only keep the latest message from this sender to have Windows Live Hotmail automatically delete all old emails when the latest issue arrives.
- Delete all messages older than __ days to have all emails from the sender kept for up to 60 days.
- Move all messages older than __ days to <select> and pick a folder for filing under <select> to make Windows Live Hotmail archive old issues automatically.
- Optionally, check Do this for everything in the ___ category to apply your rule to all emails classified as Newsletters, for example, by Windows Live Hotmail.
- Click OK.
To change a cleanup filter, follow the steps again.
Delete a Scheduled Cleanup Rule in Windows Live Hotmail
To remove a Windows Live Hotmail cleanup rule:
- Open a message from the sender.
- Click Sweep in the toolbar.
- Pick Schedule cleanup from the menu.
- Make sure Stop cleaning up their messages is selected under Change cleanup schedule.
- Click OK.
(Updated October 2012)