There's so much great stationery for great emails. Fortunately, installing stationery that comes in a .zip file for use with Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail, Outlook Express or Outlook is easily done in a few steps.
Install Zipped Stationery in Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail, Outlook Express or Outlook
To install stationery for Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail, Outlook Express and Outlook that comes in a .zip file:
- Download the desired stationery.
- Open the downloaded file in WinZip or another unzipping utility.
- Windows ME and later versions of Windows (Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 etc.) support zip files natively. Open them like a folder by double-clicking.
- Unzip all files in the zip file to your
- Windows Live Mail stationery folder,
- Windows Mail stationery folder
- Outlook Express stationery folder or
- Outlook stationery folder.
- If the zip file contains path information, there are some things to which you should pay attention.
- Close the zip utility and delete the downloaded stationery file.
(Updated September 2013)