Why Reporting Spam Makes Sense
One of the best things you can do about spam, however, is to receive it and complain about it. Spammers will consequently lose their Internet access and pay for their breaking an ISP's acceptable use policy.
Identifying the right people to complain to about spam and writing complaints efficiently unfortunately is not a trivial matter, however, and it takes a lot of time.
This is where SpamCop can help. It analyzes your unsolicited email messages and sends sensible complaints to the right authorities on your behalf.
Report Spam with SpamCop
To submit a correct and efficient spam report using SpamCop:
- Open the source of the junk email in your email program.
- Highlight the full source and press Ctrl-C (Windows), Command-C (Mac) or Alt-C (Unix) to copy.
- Paste the source of the spam you received in the SpamCop input field.
- Press Process Spam.
- Click Send Spam Report(s) Now.
- It's usually best not to change anything about the complaints unless you have a good reason to exclude or include a specific email address not preselected.