The Bottom Line
All accounts do have a six day pick-up time limit, though, and SendThisFile does incorporate secure transfer and storage, but no virus scanning.
- SendThisFile has no limit on the size or number of files you can send
- A simple address book and a single form make using SendThisFile easy
- Paid SendThisFile plans offer encryption, receipts, customized emails, and more
- Files sent from free SendThisFile accounts are usually available 3 days, can be deleted at any time
- Upload and download speed is shared among free users and throttled
- SendThisFile does not scan files for viruses
- SendThisFile lets you send files of unlimited size via email.
- Free accounts share bandwidth and storage, but uploads are not limited.
- Paid accounts store files for six days, free for up to three.
- SendThisFile paid accounts offer secure transfer, secure storage and password protection.
- For-fee plans support file tracking, email templates and custom email formatting.
- SendThisFile fileboxes can be branded and integrated in web sites to receive files from visitors.
Guide Review - SendThisFile - Large File Sending Service
A free SendThisFile account and a simple form let you send files of any size (your browser may impose a limit of 2 GB) to any email recipient. Bandwidth is shared among free users, but I have found it always to be speedy. It's a pity that files are only kept up to three days and may be deleted at any time when the needs dictate. Again, I did not encounter any such instance.
For paid accounts, the form and SendThisFile gain many an option. Files are guaranteed to be available for six days, of course, you can protect them with a password, track downloads, store files in encrypted form, customize the emails sent from SendThisFile, and even integrate it in your web site to receive large files from anyone, for example.
Many plans combine these features up to the completely branded file transfer via email solution. But even a free SendThisFile account is a great, fast, simple and reliable way to send even the largest file via email.