Attach a File in Outlook
To send a file as an attachment in Outlook:
- Start with a new message in Outlook.
- In Outlook 2007/10:
- Go to the Insert tab of the message's toolbar.
- Click Attach File.
- In Outlook 2000-2003:
- Select Insert | File from the menu.
- Use the file selection dialog to locate the file you want to attach.
- Click on the down arrow on the Insert button.
- Select Insert as Attachment.
- Compose the rest of the message as usual and eventually send it.
You can also use dragging and dropping to attach files.
(Updated November 2011)