In Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail and Outlook Express, creating such a link is particularly easy. You can link any word in your message to any page on the web, and when the recipient clicks the link, the page opens automatically.
Insert a Link in an Email with Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail or Outlook Express
To insert a link in an email using Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail or Outlook Express:
- Open the page you want to link to in your browser.
- Highlight the URL in the browser's address bar.
- The URL typically begins with "http://", "https://" or maybe "ftp://".
- Hit Ctrl-C.
- Use the mouse to highlight the word or passage in the message you are composing in Outlook Express.
- Click the Insert a link or Create a Hyperlink button in the message's formatting toolbar.
- You can also select Insert | Hyperlink... from the message's menu.
- Hit Ctrl-V.
- Click OK.