While Windows Mail and Outlook Express do not, unfortunately, retain this window information, they save and re-uses the size of the window in its normal, not maximized state. You can use this aspect to make your emails occupy all of the screen without maximizing them.
Open Emails Maximized in Windows Mail or Outlook Express
To make Windows Mail or Outlook Express open email messages to windows that make use of all the available screen space automatically:
- Open any email in its own window by double-clicking it in its folder.
- Make sure the window is not maximized.
- Move the window so that its top left corner coincides with the top left corner of your screen.
- Grab the handle in the window's bottom right corner with the mouse and drag it to the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Close the message window.