The Bottom Line
- OESort sorts your Outlook Express Contacts pane by first and last name flexibly
- You can break out address book groups with OESort, too
- OESort can only sort your Contacts pane by name
- No direct integration with Outlook Express requires OESort to be an extra program
- OESort lets you customize the sort order in the Outlook Express "Contacts" pane.
- You can sort by last or first name in ascending or descending order with OESort.
- OESort can also put address book groups in between, above or below normal contacts.
- The "Contacts" pane can be easily recovered or hidden with OESort.
- OESort supports Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/3/XP and Outlook Express 5/6.
Guide Review - OESort 1.0 - Outlook Express Add-On
Using OESort, you can order your addresses by first or last name. Of course, the sort order can be reversed, and OESort can move groups on top of all other contacts or at the bottom, too.
That OESort does not integrate with Outlook Express directly (which means you have to restart Outlook Express if you change the "Contacts" pane sort order) is a minor nuisance, but a way to sort by more address book fields than just the name might be a nice addition to OESort.