Fortunately, resizing images for use in emails need not be an arduous task or involve complicated, slow to launch software.
Resize Pictures to Handy Proportions Before Inserting Them in Emails
To trim images to be lean and fit for emails:
- Open ResizR.
- Click Browse... and select the desired image.
- Use the slider or the entry field to choose the desired width.
- Use a width between 300 and 640 pixels.
- Try 340 pixels first.
- Click ResizR.
- Drag and drop the resulting image to your Desktop.
- Alternatively — and in particular for large high-resolution pictures —, use a image resizing tool that operates on your computer:
Insert the Shrunken Image in Your Message
Now insert the resized image in your email. You can either add it as an attachment or insert it in the body of your message (inline). Here's how to do the latter in a few email programs and services:
Host the Image Online
If you don't want to send your image as an attachment, you can use a free image hosting service to store it online and link to it or insert it as a remote image in email messages.
More Online Image Resizers
ResizR is particularly easy to use and gets the job done swiftly for images you need in emails. Other online image resizing tools offer more features up to filters and effects: