Mozilla Thunderbird includes a fast, normally invisible way to find mail in the current folder. You can search the sender, recipient and subject for keywords and phrases, of course, but also narrow results to unread messages or emails containing attachments, for example.
Search the Current Folder or View Fast in Mozilla Thunderbird
To find a certain message fast — by sender, subject, content, status and more — in Mozilla Thunderbird:
- Press Ctrl-Shift-K (Windows, Linux) or Command-Shift-K (Mac).
- In earlier version of Mozilla Thunderbird, try Ctrl-F (Windows, Linux) or Command-F (Mac).
- Start typing the sought name, word or phrase.
- To narrow your search, use the buttons under Quick Filter and Filter messages by:.
- Make sure only Sender is selected, for example, to find a certain contact's mail.
- Select the star to include only starred messages in your results.
If you find no result in the current folder, you can press Enter to search all folders with the same search term (but not your narrowing criteria).
(Updated June 2012)