The Bottom Line
At the same time, Mozilla Thunderbird could be more helpful with showing related information, suggesting labels or folders, for example.
- Views, tags, filters, fast search and smart folders help you manage mail in Mozilla Thunderbird
- Mozilla Thunderbird gets rid of junk mail precisely using Bayesian filtering and detects scams, too
- Mozilla Thunderbird lets you reads RSS feeds like streams of email and includes chat (for many a protocol), too
- Mozilla Thunderbird does not show related messages, sites, documents, posts, etc.
- The Mozilla Thunderbird RSS feed reader could be integrated better and offer more power
- Mozilla Thunderbird could be more helpful by suggesting tags or reply text, for example
- Mozilla Thunderbird lets you manage multiple POP and IMAP email accounts and reads RSS feeds.
- A self-learning junk mail filter cans spam in Mozilla Thunderbird, which can detect scam messages as well.
- Mail views, free-form message tags and flexible filters let you organize and prioritize good mail easily.
- Mozilla Thunderbird finds messages fast and lets you filter results comfortably by date, contact and more.
- Searches can be saved to virtual folders that automatically aggregate relevant mail in Thunderbird.
- Mozilla Thunderbird offers rich HTML formatting conscious of your computer's security and your privacy.
- S/MIME support lets you encrypt and sign mail in Mozilla Thunderbird (with an OpenPGP plug-in available as well).
- In addition to sending files as direct attachments, Mozilla Thunderbird can automatically upload them to a file sending service and keep the email messages themselves small.
- A built-in chat and instant messaging client lets you connect with and exchange messages via Facebook Chat, Google Chat, IRC, XMPP and Twitter.
- You can run Mozilla Thunderbird from a removable medium such as a USB stick.
- Many extensions more allow Mozilla Thunderbird to expand its feature set (with a calendar, for example) or improve usability.
- Mozilla Thunderbird supports Windows XP/2003/Vista/7, Mac OS X 10.5-8 and Linux. (Tenfourbird makes certain version of Mozilla Thunderbird available on Mac OS X 10.4 and PowerPC Macs.)