The miracle lies in some filters Apple includes and turns on by default. They highlight all mail from Apple in blue.
Turn Off Highlighting Apple Messages in Mac OS X Mail
To turn these filters off or delete them:
- Select Mail | Preferences... from the menu.
- Click on Rules.
- Look for rules called "News From Apple", "Apple eNews," "iMac Update," "eNews from the Apple Store" and ".Mac Update".
- Look for other, similar rules, too. All the rules are highlighted in blue in the rules list.
- Make sure their Active checkbox is off.
- To delete a rule, select it in the list and use the Remove button.