Mac OS X Mail can make the very same associations. If it recognizes the sender of a message, it can display a picture next to it. Specifying the picture is easy.
Assign a Picture to a Sender in Mac OS X Mail
To add a picture to a sender in Mac OS X Mail:
- Make sure the sender is in your OS X Contacts or Mac OS X Address Book.
- Open Contacts or Address Book.
- Find and highlight the address book card you want to assign the picture.
- Drag an image to the picture square on the card and drop it.
- If the image is too big, resize or crop it using the tool that comes up and click Set.
- Restart Mac OS X Mail.
(Updated April 2013)