Some connections are not meant to be made. Are they?
Of course, you can get the contacts from your Mac OS X Mail address book, which likes to export to vCard files, to all the email programs, contact managers and web apps that prefer to receive CSV (comma-separated values) files. All it takes is a smart little easy utility to play the middle-program.
Export Your Mac OS X Mail Address Book Contacts to a CSV File
To save your contacts from the Mac OS X Address Book to a CSV (comma-separated values) file, which lets you import the data to many other address books:
- Download and install AB2CSV.
- Open AB2CSV.
- Select Mode | CSV from the menu.
- To configure which fields will be exported, you can select AB2CSV | Preferences… from the menu and go to the CSV tab.
- Now select File | Export from the menu.
- Go to your Documents folder.
- Click Choose.
The exported address book contacts are saved to a file called "everyone.csv" in your Documents folder.