Fortunately, you've built a sizable address book in good old Outlook Express. Fortunately, migrating these addresses to Windows Live Mail is easy.
Import Your Outlook Express Address Book into Windows Live Mail
To import contacts from Outlook Express in Windows Live Mail:
- Select Go | Contacts from the menu in Windows Live Mail.
- You may have to hold down Alt to see the menu bar.
- If you want to import Outlook Express contacts from a different computer or old Windows installation:
- Copy the desired .wab file from the computer or installation to the computer running Windows Live Mail.
- Select File | Import | Windows address book (.WAB) from the menu in Windows Live Mail.
- If you want to import contacts from Outlook Express installed alongside Windows Live Mail:
- Select File | Import | Address book for current Windows user from the menu in Windows Live Mail.
- Click OK.
If you are using Windows Live Mail with a Windows Live account (to access Windows Live Hotmail, for example), all contacts you import into Windows Live Mail will also be added to Windows Live Hotmail, Windows Live Messenger and other Windows Live services.