Not you. You don't need to, either, of course; new mail in your Windows Live Hotmail account is automatically pushed to your iPhone Mail, and all desired messages and folders kept in sync without pushing or effort. (In one fell swoop, you can also set up Windows Live Calendar sync and your Windows Live Hotmail contacts for access on the iPhone.)
Add Free Push Windows Live Hotmail to iPhone Mail
To add Windows Live Hotmail to iPhone Mail as an Exchange ActiveSync push account:
- Open Settings on the iPhone Home screen.
- Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Choose Add Account… under Accounts.
- Tap Microsoft® Exchange.
- Enter your full Windows Live Hotmail address ("firstname.lastname@example.org", for example) under Email.
- Enter the full address (including "@live.com" or "@hotmail.com", for instance) again under Username.
- You can copy and paste the address from Email to save typing, of course.
- Tap your Windows Live Hotmail password under Password.
- Type "Windows Live Hotmail" under Description.
- You can also use any other name that will help you recognize the account, of course, such as "Work" — or the email address.
- Tap Next.
- Wait for the Server field to appear (after Verifying is done).
- Enter "m.hotmail.com" (not including the quotation marks) under Server.
- Tap Next again.
- Make sure Mail is ON.
- Turn Contacts and Calendars ON as well to synchronize your iPhone contacts with Windows Live Hotmail and get your calendar pushed to the iPhone, respectively, as well.
- Tap Save.
For easy mail that is not pushed and synchronized automatically, you can also add Windows Live Hotmail as a POP account to iPhone Mail.