If you can't decide which folder a message should go to or sometimes copy a message to multiple folders in Inbox.com to make sure you find its information where you look for it, then labels are ideal for you. You can create as many labels as you want in Inbox.com, they can have descriptive names and even colors assigned, and you can apply multiple labels to messages.
Let's say, for example, you want to keep track of things to read on the weekend and of emails related to a particular project. If you create two separate labels in Inbox.com, you can apply the weekend-reading label to everything you will read Sunday morning and if any of these emails are also related to your work project, you add that label as well. The relevant emails automatically appear in both lists.
Organize Mail Flexibly Using Labels in Inbox.com
To create a label and apply it to a message in Inbox.com:
- Open the desired email.
- Click No label right next to the star in the line that also holds the message's subject.
- If at least one label is already applied to the message, click Labels: in the same area.
- Select Add new label... from the menu.
- Type the desired label name ("weekend reading", for example).
- Click OK.
- You can also check the boxes of multiple emails in a folder and select Add new label... from the More actions... drop-down menu.
To add an existing label to a message:
- Open the message in Inbox.com.
- Click on No label or Labels:.
- Select Add label followed by the desired label from the menu.
To remove labels from a message:
- Select Remove label or Remove all labels... from the message's label menu or More actions....
See All Messages with a Label
To get to all emails that carry a certain label:
- Click on the desired label in the Email labels box.
- If you cannot see the box, click on the Email labels header first.
Delete or Rename a Label and Choose Different Colors
To edit your list of labels in Inbox.com:
- Follow the Manage Labels link in the Email labels box.
- Click delete next to a label to remove it both from the list of labels and from all messages carrying the label.
- Click edit to change the name or color of a label.