While Serik wrestles to locate the secret answer to his secret question that will allow him to reset access to his Windows Live Hotmail account, Giulia has long received an email with a handy link to do the same in less time at her alternate email address.
You see: if you have an email address other than your Windows Live Hotmail account, it can be worth the while to add it. (The match above was, of course, unfair, because Serik has no such email address to add.)
Add an Alternate Email Address to Your Windows Live Hotmail Account
To add an email address to your Windows Live Hotmail account for use in case of a lost password:
- Go to Windows Live Account in your browser.
- Log in using your Windows Live Hotmail email address and password if prompted.
- Click Manage under Security Info: in the Account security section.
- Select Add New under Alternate email address.
- Type the new alternate email address over email@example.com.
- Hit Enter.
- Open the email from "Windows Live Team
" you received at the newly added email address with the subject "Windows Live Account Security Confirmation".
- Follow the confirmation link in the message.
(Updated June 2012)