In Google Buzz, you choose the people you follow. Chances are, you don't choose spam.
Still, one offensive message or the other may make it to your Gmail inbox or Buzz stream. To get rid of them now and in the future, you can report spam and abuse.
Report Google Buzz Spam in Gmail
To mark a Google Buzz post as spam in Gmail:
- Open the offending post in Gmail.
- Click the down arrow in the post's top right corner.
- Select Report abuse from the menu that comes up.
- Pick the reason for which the post offends.
- Click Submit.
To report spam in Google Buzz mobile:
- Viewing the offending post in Google Buzz mobile, tap the right arrow next to the Comment field.
- Select Report this post as spam or abuse from the More Actions menu.
- Choose OK when asked Are you sure you want to report this post?.
You can also mark individual comments to your Google Buzz posts as spam — and report email spam, of course.
(Updated September 2011)