For any issue you have with Gmail, there's a way to report it or get help from Google. Email support is available only for select problems — in general those which prevent you from logging in to your account.
Contact Gmail Support
To contact Gmail support and get help via email for a specific issue:
- Check the Gmail status; Google may already be aware of your issue.
- Go to the Gmail Help site.
- Select the general area of your problem.
- If you get an error message trying to log into Gmail, for example, follow the Logging In link under Account.
- Select the issue at hand (preferably under Fix an issue).
- Take the steps suggested for your problem, if Gmail help suggests any.
- Click Contact us near the page's bottom.
- If you find no Contact us link, try a different troubleshooting step that could also apply to your problem or see below for other support options.
- Fill in the form with detailed information.
- Click Submit.
Note that direct Gmail support is only available for select problems (log-in troubles, for example). You can always suggest an improvement to the Gmail team, of course, or raise an issue in the official Gmail forum, where dedicated Gmail helpers and engineers roam:
- Visit the Gmail Help Forum.
- Click POST A QUESTION.
- If you are not signed in to a Google account, log on with your Gmail address and password.
- If you are not yet registered for Google Help:
- Enter your desired forum name under Username.
- Examine the forum Terms of Service.
- Click Accept and continue.
- If you are not yet a member of the Gmail forum:
- Pick the name you want to show up next to your posts under My display name for Google Product Forums.
- Optionally, connect your forum persona to your Google profile by checking Link to my Google profile and show my photo on posts.
- Click Join this group.
- Enter a short summary of your problem under Question title.
- Type your Gmail help request in the larger text field.
- Enter any details that might be helpful (not things like your Gmail password, of course) under Details (optional):.
- Select the most appropriate categories for your issue under Categories.
- Click POST.
(Updated October 2012)