Gmail may not do everything, but what it could at least it did satisfactorily—until about 10 minutes ago. Now, you cannot log in to your account, the messages look all wrong, you can't send mail or get a cryptic error trying to access your account via IMAP.
For any issue you have with Gmail, there's a way to report it or get help from Google. Email support is available only for select problems—in general those which prevent you from logging in to your account.
Contact Gmail Support
To contact Gmail support and get help via email for a specific issue:
- Check the Gmail status; Google may already be aware of your issue.
- Go to the Gmail Help site.
- Select the general area of your problem.
- If you get an error message trying to log into Gmail, for example, follow the Logging In link under Account.
- Select the issue at hand (preferably under Fix an issue).
- Take the steps suggested for your problem, if Gmail help suggests any.
- Click Contact us near the page's bottom.
- If you find no Contact us link, try a different troubleshooting step that could also apply to your problem or see below for other support options.
- Fill in the form with detailed information.
- Click Submit.
Note that direct Gmail support is only available for select problems (log-in troubles, for example). You can always suggest an improvement to the Gmail team, of course, or raise an issue in the official Gmail forum, where dedicated Gmail helpers and engineers roam:
- Visit the Gmail Help Forum.
- Click POST A QUESTION.
- If you are not signed in to a Google account, log on with your Gmail address and password.
- If you are not yet registered for Google Help:
- Enter your desired forum name under Username.
- Examine the forum Terms of Service.
- Click Accept and continue.
- If you are not yet a member of the Gmail forum:
- Pick the name you want to show up next to your posts under My display name for Google Product Forums.
- Optionally, connect your forum persona to your Google profile by checking Link to my Google profile and show my photo on posts.
- Click Join this group.
- Enter a short summary of your problem under Question title.
- Type your Gmail help request in the larger text field.
- Enter any details that might be helpful (not things like your Gmail password, of course) under Details (optional):.
- Select the most appropriate categories for your issue under Categories.
- Click POST.
(Updated October 2012)