You don't have to log in and out to switch Gmail accounts; you don't have to resort to multiple browsers, browser versions and insulated browser installations either. Gmail lets you open multiple Gmail accounts side by side, say in a favorite browser's tabs or windows.
Linking your Gmail accounts is easy in this manner. (As an alternative, you can also forward all mail to one Gmail account and set that account up to let you send from all other addresses, of course.)
Switch Fast Between Multiple Gmail Accounts
To switch between two or more Gmail accounts fast or open them side by side in browser tabs:
- Make sure all Gmail accounts you want to use concurrently are linked. (See below.)
- Click your name or the current account's email address in the top Gmail navigation bar's right corner.
- Select the email address from the menu that comes up.
To link two (or more) Gmail accounts:
- Open Gmail with the first user name.
- Click your name or email address in the top right corner of Gmail.
- Now click Add account.
- Type the Gmail address you want to add for multiple sign-in under Username.
- Now type the corresponding password under Password.
- Click Sign In.
(Updated April 2012)