You can help Gmail's spam filter learn — by showing it junk, of course. Reporting spam is easy and will not only rid you of similar junk in the future but purge the immediately offending message — immediately.
Report Spam in Gmail
To report an email as junk (and improve the Gmail spam filter specifically for you in the future) in Gmail:
- Check the message (or messages) in Gmail.
- You can also open the email, of course.
- Click Spam.
- You can also press ! (Shift-1).
To report spam if you access Gmail in an email program using IMAP:
- Move the message (or messages) to the [Gmail]/Spam folder.
To report an email as spam in the Gmail mobile web app:
- Check the unwanted message or messages.
- You can also open a message.
- Press the double arrowhead button (up or down) in the toolbar.
- Select Report spam from the menu.
To report a message as spam in the Gmail Android app:
- Open the message or check one or more messages.
- Press the Menu button.
- If you had opened the message, select More.
- Now select Report spam.
(Updated September 2011)