Want to get alerts of certain mail pushed to your phone?
Want to redirect particular messages to special software automatically?
Gmail's filters cover all these bases and more. Flexibly matching incoming emails to your criteria, they forward just the right mail to the address you desire. You can forward all your mail to multiple accounts and only mail from mom to your cell phone, for instance.
Forward Gmail Email Using Filters
To forward all or only certain messages from your Gmail account to another email address:
- Follow the Settings link in Gmail.
- Go to the Forwarding an POP/IMAP tab.
- Select Add new email address… under Forward a copy of incoming mail to.
- You do not have to select Forward a copy of incoming mail to for this to work; Disable forwarding can be selected under Forwarding:, and your existing Gmail forwarding settings will not be changed.
- Enter the address to which you want Gmail to forward mail under Add a forwarding address.
- Click Next.
- Now click OK under A confirmation code has been sent to verify permission..
- Open the Gmail Forwarding Confirmation email from Gmail Team
that you received at the email address just added to Gmail forwarding.
- Open the confirmation link from the email.
- Close the Confirmation Success! Gmail window.
- Back in Gmail settings, go to the Filters tab.
- Click Create a new filter at the bottom.
- Enter your search criteria under Choose search criteria.
- To forward all mail (like the standard Gmail forwarding does), enter "@" in the From: field, for example.
- To forward mail from a certain sender, enter their email address, name, domain or any part of these under From:.
- Click Next Step ››.
- Make sure Forward it to: is checked.
- Select the desired email address to receive the forwarded emails under Forward it to:.
- Click Create Filter.