- Get an Email Account or Email Program
- Email Etiquette
- Find People's Email Addresses
- Email Stationery and E-Cards
Get an Email Account or Email Program
For free, you can find decent email services with unlimited storage and all the things an email user can want (except spam). Of course, you can shop for desktop email programs as well.
- Top free email accounts
- Top free Windows email programs
- More free email services
- More email programs (Windows, Mac, and Linux)
Mention "etiquette", add "rules" for good measure, and it all sounds a lot more difficult than it really is. Email etiquette is easy enough, if you know a few simple, well, rules.
- The 26 most important rules of email etiquette
- How to clean up emails before forwarding them
- How sending an email to multiple recipients works: Cc: and Bcc:
- How to send an email to undisclosed recipients
- Why you should compress files before sending them via email
- More about forwarding emails
- More email etiquette tips
Find People's Email Addresses
Communication, they say, is what the recipient does. First, we need a recipient, though — and might have to find your friends' and contacts' email addresses.
- How to find anybody's email address
- Top people search sites and email address directories
- More email address finding tips
Email Stationery and E-Cards
Email is more than text and attachments. If you know your friends to appreciate it, decorate your emails' backgrounds with images or animations, add background music or send a friendly e-card.
- Most popular free stationery for Windows Live Mail, Outlook Express and Outlook
- Most popular free stationery for IncrediMail
- Fall and autumn stationery for Windows Live Mail, Outlook Express and Outlook
- Fall and autumn stationery for IncrediMail
- Fall and autumn e-cards
- More free stationery for Windows Live Mail, Outlook Express and Outlook
- More free stationery for IncrediMail
- More e-cards
- More stationery and e-cards for holidays and special occasions
Spam: Get Rid of Junk Email
Spam or junk mail, let me assure you, is not that much of a problem. Some foresight and a good spam filter take care of most unwanted emails, and not fretting too much lets you ease over the puny rest.
- Top free Windows spam filters
- Top Mac spam filters
- More spam filtering tools and services
- The most effective tips to avoid getting spam altogether
- More spam fighting tips
- How spammers get your email address
- What email headers can tell you about the origin of spam
- What you need to know about Bayesian spam filtering
- What you need to know about challenge/response spam filters
Is your email programs using "SMTP", "IMAP IDLE" and "Bcc" as if these were everyday words? Know the technical terms and acronyms, and not even "LDAP" will catch you off balance!
How Email Works
Are you curious to find out what happens when you click "Send", or how all kinds of files, images and videos fit into email messages?