A safari is exciting, interesting, surprising — and dangerous.
To minimize the dangers of voyaging into your email account while on a public computer, for example, you can have Safari purge all information: its cache, the history of visited sites, what you entered in forms, and more.
Clear Private Data, Empty Caches and Remove Cookies in Safari
To remove cached content, your browsing history and cookies from Safari after visiting a web-based email service on a public computer:
- Select Safari | Reset Safari... (Mac) or Gear Icon | Reset Safari... (Windows) in Safari.
- Make sure
- Clear history,
- Remove all webpage preview images,
- Empty the cache,
- Clear the Downloads window,
- Remove all cookies,
- Remove saved names and passwords and
- Remove other AutoFill form text
- Click Reset.