There's also comfort (auto-logon), however, and public computers. So, to increase your email account's security, you can make sure Google Chrome remembers nothing about your accessing Gmail, Yahoo! Mail or Windows Live Hotmail.
Clear Private Data, Empty Caches and Remove Cookies in Google Chrome
To delete your browsing history, cached data and cookies after using a web-based email service in Google Chrome:
- Press Ctrl-Shift-Del in Google Chrome.
- You can also select Clear browsing data... from the wrench menu.
- Make sure
- Clear browsing history,
- Clear download history,
- Empty the cache,
- Delete cookies and
- optionally Clear saved form data and Clear saved passwords
- Under Clear data from this period:, Last day usually works well.
- Click Clear Browsing Data.