But even if you have another email server to send your mail through, sending through AOL's servers has the benefit that emails you send show up in the Sent Mail folder in your AOL account.
Set Up Outgoing (SMTP) AOL Email in Any Email Program
To set up your email program to send mail through AOL:
- Set the outgoing (SMTP) mail server to smtp.aol.com.
- Make sure SMTP authentication is enabled for this server.
- Enter your screenname as the user name and
- your AOL screennname's password as the password.
- Make sure the SMTP server port is set to 587.
- If you run into problems sending mail, you can try port 465 instead.
(Updated May 2013)