Question: What Are the Gmail SMTP Settings?
Looking for the Gmail SMTP server settings?
Answer: The Gmail SMTP server settings for sending mail through Gmail from any email program are:
- Gmail SMTP server address: smtp.gmail.com
- Gmail SMTP user name: Your full Gmail address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Gmail SMTP password: Your Gmail password
- Gmail SMTP port (TLS): 587
- Gmail SMTP port (SSL): 465
- Gmail SMTP TLS/SSL required: yes
To download mail from Gmail to your email program, see the
For detailed instructions on setting up Gmail in your email program or service, see
(Updated May 2014)