With Zoho Mail's Exchange ActiveSync interface, you can add that inbox (and other folders) to Windows Phone 8 Mail in automatically synchronizing a fashion with push notifications to boot at almost the instant an email arrives.
Set Up Zoho Mail as a Push Email Account in Windows Phone Mail
To add a Zoho Mail account to Windows Phone Mail with push notification (and download) of new messages as well as, optionally, calendar and contact synchronization:
- Swipe to the left for the list of apps.
- Select Settings.
- Make sure you are on the system tab.
- Choose email+accounts.
- Tap add an account.
- Select Outlook under ADD AN ACCOUNT.
- Type your Zoho Mail address under Email address.
- Enter your Zoho Mail password under Password.
- Tap sign in.
- Tap sign in again.
- Now tap Advanced.
- Enter "msync.zoho.com" (not including the quotation marks) under Server.
- Tap show all settings
- Make sure Server requires encrypted (SSL) connection is checked.
- Tap sign in once more.
(Updated March 2013)