Filtering all mail that's not essential from your Zoho Mail inbox sets you up for effective email use, for instance. Having iPhone Mail then poll that folder for new mail four times every hour is not very efficient.
Fortunately, Zoho Mail lets you configure iPhone Mail to connect using the Exchange ActiveSync protocol, which not only keeps your mail and folders in sync but also pushes the most important messages to the iOS device the moment they arrive without needless and persistent checking.
(Note that Zoho Mail Exchange ActiveSync works with paid "Standard 15GB" and free accounts; with other paid accounts, you can use IMAP and POP access.)
Set Up Push Zoho Mail in iPhone Mail
To add Zoho Mail as an Exchange ActiveSync account to iPhone Mail (including mail pushing and access to online folders):
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Select Add Account….
- Tap Microsoft® Exchange.
- Type your Zoho Mail address (using "@zoho.com" or your own domain) under Email.
- Enter your Zoho Mail address again under Username.
- Now tap your Zoho Mail password under Password.
- You can leave the Domain field blank.
- Optionally, type "Zoho Mail" or whatever you fancy under Description instead of "Exchange".
- Tap Next.
- Enter "msync.zoho.com" under Server.
- Tap Next.
- Make sure Mail is ON.
- To synchronize contacts and calendars with the Zoho suite as well, make sure the respective settings are ON.
- Tap Save.
(Updated February 2012)