Fortunately, Zoho Mail does not present all emails all the time (provided you have more than a handful); it can bring them foreground swiftly, though, and with precision.
Searching for messages in Zoho Mail, you can start with broad sweeps but also choose from finely chiseled criteria.
Search Zoho Mail
To find messages in Zoho Mail:
- Click in the search field in your Zoho Mail's top right corner (next to the magnifying glass).
- Type the term or terms for which you are looking.
- To restrict your search to certain fields or folders:
- Click the magnifying glass.
Subject to search email subjects,
Sender to search email addresses and names in the From: fields,
Subject or Sender contains to search both subjects and From: fields,
To or Cc to search recipients' names and email addresses,
Attachment Name to search attached files' names,
Attachment Content to search inside attached files (PDF files, Office documents,…),
Message Content to search inside the body text of emails and
Entire Messages to search all of the above; at the same time, select
Search in all folders to search all your mail (including archived messages) and
Search folder to search the current mailbox only.
- For more advanced search criteria and combinations, see below.
- Click Search or hit Enter.
To search using more finely grained search criteria and combinations:
- Click the Advanced Search button next to the search field in Zoho Mail. (The button's icon sports a magnifying class and superimposed +.)
- Pick a field to search, Contains or Does not contain and type your term or terms.
- Click + to add more search criteria.
- To customize the search, enter criteria fast and combine them:
- Click Tweak.
- Edit the search criteria using the following operators:
- "Subject" — search subject fields
- "Sender" — search From: fields
- "To" — search To: fields
- "Cc" — search Cc: fields
- "Content" — search message text
- "Attachment Name" — search attached files' names
- "Attachment Content" — search attached files
- "=" — contains
- "!=" — does not contain
- '""' (double quotation marks) — find a phrase
- "&&" — combine search criteria using AND
- "||" — combine search criteria using OR
- "()" — group search criteria
- To specify folders, dates and more:
- Click Show more options.
- Pick any further criteria.
- Click Search.
Advanced Search Operators Example
- (Sender != example.com && Subject = "Bon Appetit") || Subject = Isfahan — Find all messages that have "Isfahan" in their subject line and messages that have "Bon Appetit" in the subject line but are not from a sender at "example.com".
(Updated November 2011)