To reply now, you first have to get the message, of course. With Sparrow for iPhone and Outlook.com, this is easy. Not only is Sparrow for iPhone slick and convenient, adding a new Outlook.com account is a matter of but some taps.
Access Outlook.com in Sparrow for iPhone
To add an Outlook.com account to Sparrow for iPhone (so new mail is downloaded to the phone; you will not gain access to your online folders, and changes you make in Sparrow for iPhone will not be reflected in Outlook.com on the web):
- Go to the Accounts sheet in Sparrow for iPhone.
- Swipe right twice, for example, from any folder in an existing email account.
- Tap +.
- Enter your full name under Your name.
- You can use a title, nickname or role, of course, or add them in parentheses.
- Type your full Outlook.com email address under Email.
- Enter an Outlook.com application password (if you use two-step authentication) or your Outlook.com password under Password.
- Tap Save.
- Make sure POP is selected for Server Type under Receiving Server.
- Tap Server Type.
- Now tap POP under Server Type.
- Tap New Account.
- Enter "pop3.live.com" (disregarding the quotation marks) for Host under Receiving Server.
- Type your full Outlook.com email address (or an alias) for Login under Receiving Server.
- Now enter "smtp.live.com" (again not including the quotation marks) for Host under Sending Server.
- Verify your Outlook.com email address (or the alias) is entered for Login under Sending Server.
- Tap Save.
(Updated May 2013)