Shortmail offers some help for both. Emails in your inbox that you cannot handle right away are easily deferred for any number of days; emails you've sent can show up in your inbox as reminders when you like.
All the while, you can chill while Shortmail takes care to return emails automatically.
Snooze an Email in Shortmail by "Chilling"
To defer an email you've received in Shortmail until a later date (when it return to your inbox automatically from hiding):
- Open the message or conversation you want to chill in Shortmail.
- Click the down arrow next to Archive.
- Select Chill until … from the menu that comes up.
- To quickly snooze a message or conversation for a week (skipping the next step), select Chill for 7 days from the menu instead.
- Pick a desired date under When do you want this message to come back?.
To snooze a message or conversation you've received in Shortmail for iPhone:
- Open the message in Shortmail for iPhone.
- Swipe down to reveal the conversation's header area.
- Tap the menu button; it displays an arrow swung upwards to the right.
- Select Chill Until... from the menu that comes up.
- Pick the desired date for the message to return to your inbox.
- Tap Chill.
Send and Defer in Shortmail
To deliver a reply or new message and have the conversation turn up in your Shortmail inbox at a future date automatically:
- Type the reply or new message in Shortmail.
- Click Send & Chill Until….
- Pick and click the desired date under When do you want this message to come back?.
- The recipient will receive the message at once, of course.
To send a new email or a reply and make the conversation turn up in your inbox after a certain time with Shortmail for iPhone:
- Compose the new email or reply in Shortmail for iPhone.
- Tap the menu button; it is next to the character counter and sports a rightward arrow.
- Select Send and Chill Until... from the menu that comes up.
- Now select the date when you want to be reminded of the thread.
- Tap Chill.
Find Chilled Messages in Shortmail
To open a chilled conversation or message in Shortmail:
- Press Shift-A in your Shortmail inbox.
- Select the correspondent on the left.
- You can also search for the message's text, sender or recipient using the Search by email, subject, or text field, of course.
To see an email or conversation you've deferred before it has returned to your inbox in Shortmail for iPhone:
- Tap the search button (which shows a magnifying glass) in your Shortmail for iPhone inbox.
- If you do not spot the conversation right away, you can use the Search field.
(Updated May 2012)