In Postbox, you can set up email templates. They're simple and can only be inserted using a toolbar, but they are also easy to set up and can be used for full messages or just oft-used text blocks.
Set Up Email Templates in Postbox
To create a new message template or text snippet in Postbox:
- Select Postbox | Preferences… or Tools | Options… from the menu in Postbox.
- Open the Composition tab.
- Now open the Responses category.
- Click +.
- Enter a recognizable name for your new email template under Name.
- Type the desired text under Response.
- You can type the full text for a reply or new message ("Responses" can be used in any email, not just replies).
- You can also enter snippets of text you often use in emails and insert them as needed in your messages.
- Use the formatting bar as need to apply text styles and insert images, links or HTML code.
- Click OK.
- Close the Composition preferences window.
Use an Email Template for a Reply or New Message in Postbox
To insert the text from a Postbox template in an email you are composing:
- Start composing the new email, reply or forward.
- Position the text cursor where you want to insert the email template or text snippet.
- Click Responses in the message's toolbar.
- If you cannot see Responses in the toolbar, select View | Customize Toolbar… from the menu and drag and drop Responses to the toolbar.
- Select the desired snippet or boilerplate from the menu that comes up.
(Updated November 2011)