The Bottom Line
No Spam Today! for Workstations provides easy to set up and use yet precise and transparent junk mail filtering for POP email accounts. It's a pity No Spam Today! for Workstations doesn't offer IMAP protection as well and doesn't allow you to make use of SpamAssassin's Bayesian filtering.
- No Spam Today! for Workstations filters spam with great precision
- Easy to set up and use, No Spam Today! for Workstations works transparently in the background
- Uses SpamAssassin to detect junk emails
- No Spam Today! for Workstations doesn't use or provide access to SpamAssassin's Bayesian filtering
- Checking mail through No Spam Today! for Workstations is a bit slow, even without DNSBL queries
- No Spam Today! for Workstations works only with POP accounts
- No Spam Today! for Workstations is a spam filtering proxy for POP email accounts.
- Using SpamAssassin 2.64, No Spam Today! can detect spam precisely.
- SpamAssassin combines scoring content filters and (optional) DNS blackhole list lookups.
- Additionally, black and white lists allow you to hard-wire certain sender's mail in No Spam Today!.
- No Spam Today! can mark detected spam in the message Subject for further filtering.
- A wizard makes it easy to configure Outlook and Outlook Express accounts to use No Spam Today!.
- No Spam Today! for Workstations supports Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/3/XP.
Guide Review - No Spam Today! for Workstations 22.214.171.124
Don't let the "workstations" in No Spam Today! for Workstations' name fool you. Of course you can filter your mail at home with it. At home, where you'll typically have POP email accounts only, is where No Spam Today! is best. No Spam Today! for Workstations is really easy to set up (especially when you use Outlook or Outlook Express), and then hums along in the background, applying precise SpamAssassin filtering to all your incoming mail. If it detects a spam email, No Spam Today! will mark it in the Subject so you can make your email program move it to a special folder, and No Spam Today! will apply another nice hack, too: the original message — most probably junk — is moved to an attachment so you won't be offended by its content and there's no chance your privacy is compromised by remote images either. Unfortunately, No Spam Today! for Workstations also has less positive sides: you can't use it with IMAP accounts, you have to go through a configuration wizard whenever you want to tweak a setting or add an email address to the whitelist, and, most importantly, you can't make use of the Bayesian filtering capabilities built into SpamAssassin. This is really a pity as they can improve the spam detection rate even further.