The Bottom Line
- Active Email Monitor has handy filters
- Simple and easy to use
- Active Email Monitor supports POP accounts only
- Filters could be more flexible
- Check multiple POP accounts for new mail periodically with Active Email Monitor.
- New mail notification via system tray icon, sound and pop-up window.
- Active Email Monitor lets you preview messages and attachments.
- Anti-spam filters include a blacklist of senders and detection of mail not sent directly to you.
- Custom filters based on header lines or message size are also possible in Active Email Monitor.
- Includes antivirus filters, which can be updated from the Net.
- Active Email Monitor supports Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/3/XP.
Guide Review - Active Email Monitor 2.F - Mail Checker
Active Email Monitor is a simple anti-spam (and antivirus) tool, too. Its filtering methods are limited (you can look for specific header values), but you can set up a filter easily that identifies all mail not addressed to you (or a mailing list) as spam.
This works great, and Active Email Monitor also promises to protect against email worms and viruses. You can set up a filter that offers immediate deletion of big messages, for example.
Unfortunately, Active Email Monitor only works with POP accounts.