The Bottom Line
- Group Mail Business Edition is highly powerful and flexible
- Fast message delivery methods ensure rapid mailing in Group Mail Business Edition
- Free plug-ins can extend Group Mail Business Edition's functionality substantially
- Group Mail Plus cannot write back to a database
- The scripting language used by Business Edition for mail merging could be more flexible
- Group Mail Business Edition's help options are a bit meager
- Group Mail Business Edition sends personalized bulk email messages fast.
- Flexible mail merging capabilities including custom fields, if statements and powerful list filters.
- Group Mail supports text, HTML and Flash. A Nooked.com interface integrates email and RSS feeds.
- Integration with GroupMetrics lets you track open and click rates easily and comprehensively.
- Group Mail imports from all popular email clients and from any ODBC-compliant data source.
- Flexible inbound mail handling including many preset filters is available as a plug-in.
- Plug-ins include address validation, group merging and purging, and complete backup.
- Group Mail Plus can deliver mail through Outlook or any MAPI compliant email client via plug-in.
- Support for Habeas can ensure the delivery of your messages past spam filters.
- Group Mail Business Edition supports Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/3/XP/Vista.
Guide Review - Group Mail Business Edition 5.2 - Email Marketing Software
While the scripting language used by Group Mail could be more powerful and flexible, Group Mail does feature easy and comprehensive mail merging and can be extended with a number of plug-ins that bring such nice features as automatic handling of bounces, powerful address validation and more.
Integration with Group-Surveys.com makes surveying lists easy, and Group Mail works with Nooked.com as well, which lets you offer campaigns via both email and RSS. While Group Mail Plus can import groups from a number of sources, it lacks the ability to write back to a list database, unfortunately.
All in all Group Mail Plus is a great email marketing application, though, and integration with the sophisticated and rich GroupMetrics service for tracking open and click-through rates only improves on that.