The Bottom Line
- BlogExpress pleases the eye
- Easy to use and very functional, BlogExpress allows for effective news consumption
- BlogExpress can't break out individual news items
- Search and virtual folders are missing from BlogExpress
- BlogExpress offers only one update schedule for all feeds
- BlogExpress is an RSS/Atom news feed reader and blog aggregator.
- Feeds can be organized using categories in BlogExpress.
- BlogExpress makes subscribing easy via drag and drop and an easy to use subscription dialog.
- You can send article notifications via email directly from BlogExpress.
- BlogExpress lets you import subscriptions from OPML files.
- BlogExpress supports Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/3/XP and requires the .NET 1.1 framework.
Guide Review - BlogExpress 1.56.2 - RSS News Feed Reader
There are some things I missed, though. Being able to work on individual items (flagging them, for example) and searching (or filters and virtual folders even) would make great additions to BlogExpress, as would per-feed update schedules and automatic expiry of old news items.
All in all, BlogExpress is no misnomer and efficient, but it lacks some feature power.