Make Outlook Dial Your ISP Automatically
To have Outlook establish an internet connection automatically:
- Select Tools | Options from the menu in Outlook.
- Go to the Mail Setup tab.
- Make sure Send immediately when connected is selected.
- Click the Send/Receive button.
- Under All Accounts, make sure Schedule an automatic send/receive every is selected.
- Set an appropriate checking interval.
- Close the dialog with OK.
- Finally, make sure Automatically dial during a background Send/Receive is selected under Dial-up.
- Click OK.
Now Outlook will check and send mail in the background, establishing a connection to your ISP if none is present.