The Bottom Line
Email Merge is a simple, but effective bulk email application with flexible mail merging capabilities, but no internal mail delivery.
Email Merge is no longer in active development.
- Email Merge is simple, fast, and easy to use
- Flexible mail merging
- Message preview
- Email Merge message delivery not ideal
- Weak list management
- Send personalized bulk email messages with Email Merge.
- Works with an external email client (Outlook Express, Eudora, or Mailsmith for example).
- Supports plain text and (with Outlook Express and Entourage) HTML-formatted messages.
- Create and edit databases inside Email Merge.
- Email Merge imports data from text files or FileMaker databases.
- Flexible mail merging with unlimited custom fields.
- Email Merge offers a message preview.
- Email Merge supports Mac OS 7/8/9/X.
Guide Review - Email Merge 2.3.6 - Email Marketing Software
This app's name says it already: its focus is merging a database and a mail template. Message delivery is left to another application like Eudora or Outlook Express. This has the advantage that you have a full record of sent mail in that program, but the disadvantage is a less than optimal speed.
Although there's little list management, Email Merge covers the database side pretty well with a nice internal editor and direct import from FileMaker. The message editor is very simple and doesn't support HTML, but it is as easy to use as the whole app, and the mail merging is quite powerful.
A useful message preview function completes the picture of a simple, but competent bulk email program whose major shortcoming is that it can't send mail.