Use Rich Formatting in Your Windows Live Hotmail Signature
To use rich text formatting in your email signature with Windows Live Hotmail:
- Select Options | More options… in Windows Live Hotmail.
- Click Message font and signature under Writing email.
- Make sure Rich text is selected in the formatting toolbar under Personal signature.
- If you see Plain text, click it and select Rich text (or Edit in HTML to make changes to the HTML source code to your signature directly).
- Format the signature to your liking.
- Click Save.
In rich-text messages, Windows Live Hotmail will automatically use the rich version of your signature while plain text messages will continue to carry a plain text variant. This makes sure all recipients get a version they can read.
(Updated July 2011)